Make an enquiry
Child & Child traces its origins back to 1850 when Henry Bailey first set up business at 52 Sloane Street.
John Child became his partner and they were in practice together for 15 years. John Child then practised on his own account until 1885 when he was joined by Edward Norton and the firm became known as ‘Child & Norton’.
In 1896, the year following Edward Norton’s departure from the practice, the firm acquired the name of ‘Child & Child’ when John Child was joined in partnership by his nephew, Charles. The firm was based at 25 Sloane Street for 45 years, from 1924 to 1969, after which it moved to Motcomb Streetin Belgravia, where it was based until 2004 before moving to offices in Grosvenor Crescent. In 2017 the firm moved to the Victoria’s new Nova development at 11 Bressenden Place, and in 2019, the firm moved to its current offices at 21 Grosvenor Place, situated directly opposite the gardens of Buckingham Palace.