Rights of access dispute

A dispute concerning a property owner’s rights of access.

Most rights of access disputes can be resolved without the need for court proceedings. However if you believe your rights of access have been obstructed or that someone is trespassing on your property it is advisable to seek the advice of an experienced rights of access solicitor, for instance when a scaffold licence, oversailing licence or access under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 or the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is required or is being refused unreasonably.

Child & Child have a number of specialist rights of access solicitors with wide experience of court proceedings involving rights of access disputes, from numerous trials of domestic and commercial rights of access disputes in the county court to complex cases involving trials in the Chancery Division of the High Court and appeals to the Court of Appeal.

Party Walls, Rights of Light & Boundaries