Party wall appeal

An appeal under section 10(17) of the PWA against the provisions of a party wall award. Such appeals are made to the county court and must be made within 14 days of the award being served. The rules regarding service are very strict and if you are in any doubt as to your rights of appeal or the time limits that apply you should seek advice from a party wall solicitor as soon as possible.

Child & Child have a number of specialist party wall solicitors with wide experience of court proceedings involving party wall disputes, from numerous trials of domestic and commercial party wall disputes in the county court to complex cases involving trials in the Chancery Division of the High Court and appeals to the Court of Appeal.  

Party Walls, Rights of Light & Boundaries