County court

The usual court of first instance for property disputes where the value of the claim is less than £25,000.

Higher value claims or claims where emergency relief is required (e.g. injunction applications) are often commenced in the High Court.

Party wall appeals against unreasonable or invalid party wall awards are made to the county court, under s.10(17) of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996. Such party wall appeals have to be made within very strict time limits (typically only 14 days from service) and an experienced party wall solicitor should therefore be consulted as soon as possible to ensure that the right of appeal is not lost.

More information can be found using the following link:

Party Walls, Rights of Light & Boundaries