James is a partner in the dispute resolution team specialising in claims relating to or involving property.
James deals with a wide range of residential and commercial property issues including:
- party wall disputes including appeals and injunction claims;
- rights of light;
- boundary disputes;
- rights of way and adverse possession claims;
- easements and restrictive covenants;
- nuisance and disrepair actions;
- evicting problem tenants and squatters;
- service charge and rental disputes;
- commercial lease renewals;
- dilapidations claims;
- planning appeals and inquiries.
James has extensive experience of proceedings in the various courts and tribunals, including several reported cases in the Court of Appeal. He regularly deals with alternative forms of dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration where appropriate to meet his clients’ objectives.
James is a member of the Property Litigation Association and is the East Midlands National Council representative of the Pyramus and Thisbe Club. He regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on property disputes and is a regular contributor to various publications on the subject.