Child & Child traces its origins to 1850 when Henry Bailey set up business at 52 Sloane Street. John Child became his partner and they were in practice together for 15 years. John Child then practised on his own account until 1885 when he was joined by Edward Norton and the firm became known as “Child & Norton”.
In 1896, the year following Edward Norton’s departure from the practice, the firm acquired the name of “Child & Child” when John Child was joined in partnership by his nephew Charles. The firm was at 25 Sloane Street from 1924 to 1969 when it moved to Motcomb Street, where it was based until 2004 before moving to offices in Grosvenor Crescent. Due to the continuing growth and expansion of the firm, we have now taken 22,000 sq ft offices in the new Nova development at 11 Bressenden Place SW1E 5BY.