Mamuna Farooq qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and joined Child & Child in January 2014, quickly progressing to associate level.
Mamuna has a wealth of experience in all aspects of private wealth and personal tax and estate planning. She offers advice on UK taxes, as well as on cross-border issues where another jurisdiction is involved. Her clients cover a broad spectrum of mixed-tax statuses, varying between UK resident and domiciled, UK resident and non-domiciled and non-UK resident / domiciled. Her non-exhaustive areas of expertise include:
- International wealth planning for clients who have assets in more than one jurisdiction
- UK taxes, including Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings and Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Taxation of non-resident individuals and companies holding UK assets
- Setting up of holding structures to protect wealth and to acquire property in the UK
- Wills for both UK and non-UK domiciled individuals
- Islamic (Sharia) Wills and Sharia succession planning
- Administration of Estate & Probate
- Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection Applications
- Creation of Trusts and advising trustees on duties
Mamuna is additionally regularly called upon to advise family offices, particularly when cross-border jurisdictional issues are involved.
Mamuna’s approach with clients is simple: whatever the legal issue, she will fiercely protect her clients’ interests, frequently going beyond the call of duty. She strives to provide practical and inventive solutions, skilfully combining her depth of legal knowledge with commercial, real world advice quickly and professionally. Mamuna makes a lasting impression on her clients and believes in the importance of a creating a close relationship and long-term advisory role with clients; they, and successive generations, loyally return to her for their subsequent legal needs.
Mamuna has established excellent relationships with several existing wealth managers, tax advisors, family offices and bankers both internationally and within the UK, and is able to provide her clients with a holistic and coordinated service.
Mamuna also won ‘Young Achiever of the Year’ at the inaugural British Muslim Awards 2013; a ceremony to honour the success and achievements of Muslims in the forefront of their industries and communities, having received 10,000 applications nationally for the prestigious awards in its first year.