Geoff joined Child & Child as a Partner in the private client team in September 2017.
Geoff has been in private client since qualifying as a solicitor in 1996, specialising for the last 10 years in tax, wealth and trust planning, structuring and compliance advice for UK and non-domiciled high net worth individuals and UK and offshore trustees.
His areas of particular expertise include advice on:
- Remittance basis taxation planning and compliance
- UK residence and domicile especially for those relocating to or from the UK
- Investing in UK assets especially UK residential property
- Offshore trusts to their trustees, settlors and beneficiaries
- Cross-border wealth and estate planning, including on Wills and trusts
Geoff has been a TEP (Trust and Estate Practitioner) since 2008. As a member of the Law Society’s Capital Taxes Subcommittee since 2012, he has been heavily involved with consultations with and making submissions to HM Treasury and HMRC on proposed new tax legislation in particular concerning non-domiciliaries and offshore trusts. He also trains and lectures and prepares articles on these subjects.
In his spare time, Geoff looks after Alpacas, sheep, ducks and chickens and a large garden on the Isle of Wight.