Emma joined Child & Child as a Partner in the private client team in January 2016. Having qualified as a solicitor in 2005, Emma specialises in all areas of private client, including the drafting of wills and trusts, advising high net worth individuals, powers of attorney, court of protection applications and administering estates.
Emma previously headed up one of the largest private client departments in the country, providing private client services for well-known consumer brands. During this time she appeared regularly in local and national press and radio speaking about Wills, Probate and Lasting Power of Attorney.
Emma’s expertise includes:
- Inheritance tax planning for individuals
- Administration of estates
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Registration of enduring / lasting powers of attorney
- Attorney / deputyship service
- Management of financial affairs
- Court of Protection applications
- Creation of trusts & advising trustees on duties
- Property protection trusts
Emma is a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).