Dipesh advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes including breaches of contract, directors disputes, shareholder remedies, partnership issues, professional negligence and intellectual property. Dipesh also specialises in insolvency and is able to advise on all aspects of insolvency as well as investigations including misfeasance, transactions at undervalues, preferences, transactions to defraud creditors and wrongful trading.
Dipesh’s recent cases include
- Acting on behalf of a former company director to defend a claim by liquidators in excess of £20 million for a purported breach of director’s fiduciary duty, conspiracy, transaction at an undervalue, wrongful trading and misrepresentation.
- Acting on behalf of a company against its former director and employee for diverting business away from the company and misappropriating the company's intellectual property. Dipesh successfully recovered all of the intellectual property and negotiated a substantial damages settlement.
- Acting on behalf of 3 defendants to defend a claim against them in excess of £55 million for fraudulent misrepresentation in respect of a company sale. The defendants were alleged to have deceitfully implemented measures to increase the sale price by over £50 million. Dipesh successfully negotiated a settlement to conclude the case and avoid the substantial costs of 14 day hearing in the High Court.
- Acting on behalf of a company to issue proceedings against a director of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for fraudulently misrepresenting that the SPV had finances in place to honour its contractual obligations. Dipesh successfully obtained payment from the director.
- Acting on behalf of a trustee in bankruptcy to set aside a declaration of trust entered into to defraud creditors 9 years before the date of bankruptcy.
- Acting on behalf of a creditor contemplating winding up proceedings against a company but was concerned about the risk of dissipation of assets. Taking this into account, Dipesh made an application to court for the appointment of a provisional liquidator to preserve assets and successfully obtained the order.
- Acting on behalf of a defendant in the high court in respect of a claim for breach of restrictive covenants arising out of a sale and purchase agreement and employment contract.
- Acting on behalf of a shareholder in respect of an unfair prejudice matter following the company’s appointment of a director in breach of the articles of association and subsequent unlawful board resolutions.