Deborah amalgamated her specialised real estate property practice, Wilson Finlay Solicitors, with Child & Child, joining us in October 2012.
Her extensive property experience covers all aspect of commercial and residential property transactions for a wide variety of corporate and business clients, private clients, banks, building societies, housing associations and property developers, and includes:
- Office, retail, residential and mixed use lettings (acting for both landlord and tenants), purchases, sales and developments, including analysis of development risks and construction aspects of property development
- Planning law and practice including planning conditions and planning agreements
- Loan facilities, bank and security documentation
- Developments and finance agreements and joint ventures and the property aspects of PFI projects.
- Property due diligence for corporate transactions
- Residential conveyancing
Deborah is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association.
At the beginning of her career Deborah became a partner in the firm in which she had trained two years after qualifying. She continued to work in their property department serving the needs of both the business community and private clients, and with her fellow partners developing and expanding the firm’s practice for a further 10 years.
For the following 6 years Deborah ran her own freelance solicitor practice, covering for partners in their absence. Deborah combined this with family commitments which led to her living abroad for part of each year. At the same time Deborah worked as a consultant solicitor to several of her freelance practice clients. She returned to assist the majority of the firms and their clients on many occasions and gained valuable City experience.
Deborah joined the property team of one of her freelance practice clients as a permanent consultant in 2001, concentrating on commercial property transactions and site assembly work. She joined the London Real Estate Department of a global law firm in 2005 where for several years she lent overall senior support.
Deborah established Wilson Finlay Solicitors, a niche property practice of which she was the Principal, in December 2007 and amalgamated with Child & Child in October 2012.